Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
This qualification provides a pathway to work in many travel and tourism industry sectors as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, inbound tour operators, tourist attractions, visitor information centres, and other tourism businesses.
|CRICOS Course Code||102437M|
|Delivery Mode||Face-to-face: 13.5hrs/week|
The following units of competence covered in this qualification:
- SITTTSL003 Provide advice on international destinations
- SITTTSL004 Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXMPR004 Coordinate marketing activities
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services
- SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
- SITTTSL002 Access and interpret product information
- SITTGDE004 Lead tour groups
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Students must be aged 18 or above and have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent school qualifications or Certificate IV in a related field.
English proficiency requirement:
IELTS overall score 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) score of 65 or PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic) score of 42 or equivalent.
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
Possible Job Roles
Inbound groups manager, inbound sales manager, incentives manager, tour operations manager, marketing manager, product development manager, reservations manager, travel agency manager, sales manager, visitor information centre manager.